A CPAP is a great tool to help you breathe during sleep and is an effective treatment for obstructive sleep apnea and other sleep breathing disorders. For some people who are CPAP intolerant wearing a CPAP is too uncomfortable or noisy to be a long term solutions.
A partial list of the most common patient complaints from CPAP:
- Mask leaks
- An inability to get the mask to fit properly
- Discomfort or interrupted sleep caused by the presence of the device
- Noise from the device disturbing sleep or bed partner’s sleep
- CPAP restricted movements during sleep
- CPAP does not seem to be effective
- Pressure on the upper lip causes tooth related problems
- Latex allergy
- Claustrophobic associations
- An unconscious need to remove the CPAP apparatus at night
These patient concerns about CPAP therapy are very real and often difficult, if not impossible, to overcome.
If you’ve tried everything and hate your CPAP machine a dental sleep device from Dental Sleep Pros may be the solution to breathe better at night without some of the side effects of CPAP therapy.
Call 813-642-6612 to see if a dental sleep device is right for you